CUMBERLAND - Mayor Bill Murray was joined by Lt. Gov. Daniel McKee and U.S. Rep. David Cicilline Friday morning to announce the award of a $1.5 million dollar federal grant award to assist Hope Global. The Community Development Block Grant award assists Hope Global with flood mitigation efforts by... more
An "astonishing" number of caterpillars have been devouring trees and plants across the state over the past month and are now reaching the end of their feeding cycle. The pests are now at their largest, causing many residents to only recently notice the extent of the damage, but those hoping to... more
CUMBERLAND - Heading into budget talks this week, Mayor Bill Murray was standing confident about his proposed support for schools... more
WOONSOCKET/NORTH SMITHFIELD - A decision by the North Smithfield Town Council to hold up the Blackstone Valley Bikeway over an... more
CUMBERLAND - Assistant Fire Chief Brian Jackvony would retain his job but office staff workers and the finance director at the fire... more
- Hungry bears love bird feeders, open trash, warns biologist
- CHS senior seeks change in dress code policy
- New reading program for students in grades K through 5
- Moody's, Fitch reaffirm Lincoln's 'excellent' bond rating
- 'Phone spoofing' creates nightmare for Woonsocket company
- Caterpillar population at its peak in the Blackstone Valley
- North Smithfield schools look to launch 'Northmen Nightlife'
- Jalette, Pugliese named NSMS 'scholar leaders'
- Preparing to say goodbye to NSHS
- Dry conditions create 'dangerous fire season'
- Scituate honors 'sacred day'
- Work on school buildings likely to be split up over next two summers
- Marcello schedules June 1 constituent forum in Scituate
- Scituate Rotary Club is raising funds to help schoolchildren impacted by Nepal earthquake
- RIPTA officials investigating after driver yelled at woman to learn English (with video)
- Piles of trash outside Pawtucket transfer station irk Rudd, residents
- Pawtucket's DeHoyos and Lapop are top students at Davies
- George Patrick Duffy gone at 94
- Installing GPS trackers in Pawtucket vehicles presents a challenge